How to Use a Condom
Condoms are the only method that protect against both pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections, including HIV. But to be most effective, they must be used correctly and during every sexual act–oral, vaginal, or anal sex.
Using a condom is easy once you know how. Practice the correct steps, and you’ll be a pro in no time!
- Get condoms.
- Check the expiration date. If the condom is expired, grab a new one that isn’t expired. If you only have an expired condom, it is better to use it than to not use a condom at all.
- Check for an air bubble to make sure there are no holes in the packaging, which could mean there are holes in the condom. If there is no air bubble, use a new condom instead.
- Push the condom to the side.
- Tear the packaging open with your hands. Do not use your mouth, scissors, or a knife because you could risk tearing the condom.
- Gently roll the condom on your finger to check which way to put the condom on the penis.
- For increased pleasure, dab a little silicone- or water-based lube on the inside of the condom or on the tip of the penis.
- Pinch the tip of the condom.
- Place the condom on top of the penis and gently roll the condom the rest of the way down.
- Have sex.
- Hold the rim of the condom.
- Pull the penis away from the body while still hard.
- Take the condom off of the penis, tie it into a knot, and throw it in the trash.
Check out this video for the correct steps:
Via Planned Parenthood Health